Friday, July 11, 2014

Stationery Passion - Watercolor Cards & Design

Source: Vie de Vic Design


Even though I am very interested in (and dependent on) technology, I still prefer handwritten letters rather than digital notes. Emailing is so quick and convenient but it can be so impersonal and boring. Plus, neither internet nor text messaging feature texture or smell.

I’ve always been a big fan of stationery. I believe that beautiful, handmade and/or handwritten cards demonstrate thoughtfulness and kindness. And, as we say in portuguese, "kindness generates kindness”.

_____________________________

Apesar de a tecnologia me interessar (e de eu ser completamente dependente dela), ainda prefiro cartas escritas a mao as mensagens digitais. Enviar um email e muito rápido e conveniente, mas nao costuma envolver tanta personalidade ou surpresa. Alem do mais, a internet ainda nao vem com cheiro e nem com textura.

Eu sempre adorei papelaria. Cartas decoradas e/ou escritas a mão demonstram cuidado e gentileza. E, como diria o profeta, “gentileza gera gentileza”.


Source: Vie de Vic Design


I’ve recently started dedicating more time to arts and decided to create my own hand-painted stationery. I use watercolor, my favorite painting technique. Creating new designs, perfecting them on photoshop and printing have been taking great part of my fabulous crafty days!

As you might have seen on our Instagram account, I opened a little Etsy design and stationery shop. More items will be added to it soon, and you will be able to find zoomed designs over here. Hopefully it will encourage people to do more lettering and less typing. I hope you like it!

___________________________________

Recentemente, comecei a me dedicar a criar meus próprios cartões. Pinto em aquarela, minha técnica preferida. Criar novas estampas, digitalizar, aperfeiçoar e imprimir material tem ocupado boa parte dos meus dias mais “inspirados”. 

Como mencionado no Instagram, abrimos uma lojinha de design e papelaria no Etsy. Novos items vao ser adicionados em breve e mostrados por aqui, pra inspirar todo mundo a escrever mais e digitar (um pouquinho) menos. Espero que gostem!



Source: Vie de Vic Design