Saturday, June 22, 2013

Upcycling: Bar Cart







   Since I moved to my place, I’ve been searching like crazy for a cart (to use it as a side table, buffet, mini bar or drinking station). It was not an easy task. I could find a couple of them at Crate and Barrel and West Elm, but I was definitely not willing to pay almost a thousand bucks for one. 



   Desde que me mudei, andava procurando por um “carrinho” com prateleiras (pra usar como mesinha lateral, mini bar, estação de bebidas ou buffet). A busca nao foi fácil. Encontrei alguma coisa na Crate and Barrel e na West Elm, mas a ideia de gastar centenas de Dólares em um nao estava no roteiro.






   So I finally found the “Ugly Duckling” above for sale at Goodwill, my favorite thrift store. What a great find! It was a very structured piece whose wheels were working perfectly. It was only lacking a little refurbishment. Some coats of paint later plus other minimal details, and the cart was ready!

   Foi entao que finalmente eu encontrei o “Patinho Feio” acima a venda na Goodwill, minha thrift store preferida. Foi um super achado! Uma peca bem estruturada cujas rodas funcionavam perfeitamente. Apenas precisava de uma leve restauração. Algumas camadas de tinta depois mais alguns mínimos retoques e o carrinho estava pronto!












   How did you like it? Wasn’t it a great find?

   Gostaram? Foi ou nao foi um super achado?